Breastfeeding is becoming a “phase” in this century of time. Many mother’s around the world make decisions to nurse naturally rather than through a bottle. Breastfeeding provides ideal nourishment and a special bonding experience that many nursing mothers cherish. It has many benefits for the child as well as for the mother. By breastfeeding, mothers are providing their baby with a convenient, free milk that naturally contains many of the vitamins and minerals that a newborn requires. In today’s society, breastfeeding is a common choice and is developing a norm across the world.
- The Philippines is one of the leaders in international efforts to promote and protect women’s right to breastfeed.
- 71% of Namibian babies are breastfed at birth.
- 97 % of Peruvian infants are breastfed at birth
- 93% of Polish babies are breastfed at birth.
- 73% of all American infants have been breastfed
- 87% of Austria babies are breastfed at birth
- 26% of DR infants are exclusively breastfed
- 88% of Canadian mothers breastfeed their babies at birth
Breastfeeding Around the World. (n.d.). Retrieved March 12, 2015, from http://www.incultureparent.com/2012/03/breastfeeding-around-the-world